We did not have any plans for spring break. In fact I was dreading it. I thought I will spend most of the beautiful spring break cleaning our Union City home. As it turns out, we had a fun and relaxing spring break.
When we arrived in Union City, I couldn't bring myself to "cleaning mode". Most of you who really know me, know that I have borderline OCD when it comes to cleaning/organizing. From the looks of our Union City home in my OCD standards, a week's worth of cleaning isn't gonna cut it...I need an entire month or even a year! for all the projects I have in mind...now do you think I have borderline OCD? my kids say it's full blown OCD. Anyway, like I said, I couldn't get myself to clean...I was so overwhelmed, I froze! So what does one do when the going gets tough? the tough goes shopping!:) kidding aside, you do know when the going gets tough, the tough turns to the bible right? So, I did go shopping but not before meditating and reflecting.
Here are the highlights and summary of our blissful spring break.
4/11 - Saturday
- Easter Egg Hunt at Dinosaur Caves Park
4/12 - Sunday
- heavenly easter service with the whole family and our own backyard egg hunt
4/13 - Monday
- drive to Union City
4/14 - Tuesday
- shopping with my mom and dad Dennis at the Great Mall
4/15 - Wednesday
- bonding time with the kids as they skateboard at Hall Ranch Park followed by a family dinner at Seafood Buffet in Fremont
4/16 - Thursday
- time with Immanuel at the car repair shop handling the insurance claim for his Subaru STI
- visited Mission San Juan Bautista on the drive back to Pismo
4/17 - Friday
- day trip to Solvang
4/18 - Saturday
- bonding time with Phil during Cal Poly's open house
- visited SLO Mission and Morro Bay
4/19 - Sunday
- day trip to Santa Barbara after church (Santa Barbara zoo, shopping and the Mission)
Details and photos to follow