- a fun-filled trip to the ranch
with my BFF, ate Cecile, and family. It was the most wonderful Easter week-end in the complete company of the people closest to my heart (including the newest addition to our family...Immanuel's "wishbone" dog, Pirate, who had fun playing with Mylo Janicek). Russ left Sunday night with Immanuel, Krystal and Pirate. The Janiceks left Monday morning. We are so thankful they left darling Krystn to spend another day with us. We ended up leaving that evening as it is not the same without the rest of the precious company.
- Krystn sleeping over
We arrived back in Union City at 11pm on Monday night; Isabella was beginning to get worried and sad when Krystn started asking for her mommy. To Isabella's delight, Krystn's longing was quickly appeased by a "movie night" featuring Monty Python:) In the morning, they had longanisa (Philippine breakfast sausage). Krystn remembers her dad's words: "the longanisa is short and the shortganisa is long" and she adds: "but there's really no shortganisa":)
- spring cleaning
- doctor appointments for routine physical check-ups
- shopping for my mom's new bed
- a wonderful dance exercise class (thanks to ate Cecile who took me to her new great gym)
- a family lunch at Chevy's in celebration of Phil's yet another 4.0 this quarter
- a great taekwondo class with my boys (just like old times...wonderful!)
- 39th UC Berkeley taekwondo tournament
Immanuel joined the tournament after a two year absence. It was a nice time to reconnect with old friends and rekindle the love of this sport we all so miss. We celebrated Immanuel's gold medal afterwards at the Pacific Buffet in Fremont.
- Isabella's first sleepover
at BFF, Krystn's, house (BIG thanks to ate Cecile and family; photos here). It was such a perfect first sleepover for her as it was in the company of two great friends, Krystn and Illahe. Her joy was truly indescribable and I could not have asked for a better sleepover girlfriends for my dd.
- Baptismal party at Holly Center
Our church member invited us to a baptismal party (Krystal is one of the "ninangs" (godmother)
...and we're off ...back to Pismo Beach....