OCD Kitchen Cleaning

I just finished cleaning and organizing my kitchen cabinets. It has been a long dreaded task on my list of to-do's since last year. It feels so rewarding to finally check it off my list.

The hardest part in tackling a dreaded task is taking the first step. Having said that, I consider it a great blessing getting the drive I so need in taking that difficult first step. Once you actually start the task, the rest become less challenging even therapeutic and very rewarding.

I have to admit I tend to have a tad of, or borderline, OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) when it comes to organizing and cleaning. My family would argue the "tad or borderline"... according to them I have "full blown" OCD.

Well, what can I say, I'm a work in progress. I realize sometimes I can go overboard. So today when my DD, Isabella, asked me to watch her dance, I happily paused in the middle of my "kitchen cleaning OCD" and enjoyed her show.

Cleaning can be very therapeutic and reflective. I had several "epiphanies" from today's reflective "OCD kitchen cleaning" episode.

I have to pause for now...my darling daughter is asking for mommy time and mommy/baby girl time is at the top of my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i pause for mommy/baby time too...not quite often enough...but I do pause and every now and then actually stop to look into her eyes and remember at the top of my list!
hugs, cecile

SP - I love how your blog looks and how easy it is to navigate it - I see it reflect your passion and interests so neatly.