My Decorating Style...Authentic

I don't really have a particular or specific decorating style...I'm what they call "eclectic". I like to call it "authentic". I'm normally an obedient person but when it comes to decorating, I go with whatever I like or what works for me as oppose to following a design rule. I like just about every style there is, hence, my eclectic style. I enjoy combining the different styles I like and incorporating things that have meaning to me. I also enjoy the "hands-on" experience in creating or repurposing something for the home. I get my inspiration from HGTV. But even before HGTV, there was Lynette Jennings on the Discovery Channel. She was my original source of design inspiration. She has a book out available on my inspired bookstore.


Thomas Jefferson said: "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

Lynette Jennings says, and I absolutely agree, that even in matters of style, there is no need to compromise. Don't be afraid to go with what you like and let your authentic style show through.

Happy fall decorating! (Just a word of caution and reminder from Suze Orman: we are in recession (in case you are still in denial:).

So enjoy recycling and repurposing what you already have.

No comments: