Differences and Similarities

My husband and I are very different.
He's a night owl and I'm a morning person.
My top choices of fave movies would be his least and vise versa.
I love to go out and I don't mind crowds. He'd rather stay home especially if there's a big crowd.
The list can go on and on.
But over the years we learned to respect our differences and focus on our similarities and what binds us together.

words from the wedding song:
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in his name.... There is love.

The love that binds us together is more than enough... for God IS Love.... and God is most certainly more than enough.

One thing my husband and I have in common is that our first names start with an "I". So do the names of our 4 children. Even our dog "Indy" named after one of our common fave movie, Indiana Jones. In the third Indiana Jones movie, The Last Crusade, we were made aware that Jehovah's name starts with an "I".

I recall a conversation with an angel friend who shares the same initials with our Savior, Christ Jesus. She did not realise it at the time when I pointed it out to her. Her response after a moment of quietness: "How humbling it is for even just a shadow of similarity that I would hope for with the Lord."

I pray that we will come to know Him more and strive for similarity in His ways.

No comments: