Labor Day Weekend Nesting

This weekend I was blessed with the energy and strength to tackle a long dreaded task. True to its name, I laboured during labor day weekend. I had been needing, wanting, yet dreading cleaning/organizing my closet. It feels so good to put things in order and to finally see the beautiful hardwood floors inside my closet. Once you start organizing, you get this surge of energy/inspiration leading to a "nesting mood". At least it did for me. I finally got to organize not just my closet but several other cabinets/closets in the house.I was able to revisit my old scrapbooking stuff (hopefully this will fuel a spark to "create" again).

tackled closets:
  • my closet
  • Isabella's closet
  • hallway linen closet
  • entryway coat closet
  • masters bath cabinets
other cabinets to-do:
  • kitchen
  • laundry
  • boys room
  • garage

well, I'm halfway to an organized home:)


On Monday, Isabella and I started painting the fence. We did half of the left side so I'd say we're about 1/4 of the way to a painted fence:) yet another dreaded task. Today I feel drained so I'm praying for the next surge of energy...hopefully soon:) and for a "nesting mood" for my soul.

I am {Simply Grateful}

This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order. - Isaiah 38:1

No comments: