The Presence of Love

Notes from today's service at New Life Church:

What is it that you really want for Christmas?

What will your focus be this Christmas?
...Presents? Or, Presence?

lyrics to:
Presence (My Heart's Desire)
by Furler, Taylor, Hughes

Chorus
Come O Lord and fill up my life
With the light of Your presence
This is my heart's desire
Oh Father come and let Your Spirit abide
I long for Your presence
This is my heart's desire

Verse 2
I long to be washed
In the well of Your mercy
I long to be warmed
By the fire of Your glory
I long for Your presence
I long for Your healing touch

Ending
Lord You're my desire

1. God is the source of love

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world tocondemn the world, but to save the world through Him. John 3:16-17

2. Love responds with compassion

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

3. Compassion brings glory to God

Let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
Matthew 5:16 (NLT)

No comments: