life begins at 40

Wow I can't believe I haven't blogged since I turned 40. Well, it's been said, life begins at 40...and, I guess for me, it means decorating; starting with repainting the kitchen cabinets. That's what I've been enjoying these days...or should I say laboring at these past couple of weeks. I didn't know it was going to be so very time consuming...but I'm halfway done and I can already see it will be all worth it. Stay tuned for the photos once I'm done (too bad I wasn't able to take a "before" photo despite friendly reminders from my BFF...sorry I couldn't find my camera and I was so eager and too excited to start my vision...my kids say it's the result of watching too much HGTV). The thing about starting some sort of renovation or redecorating, sometimes it's hard to stop as you begin "seeing" other "possibilities"...there's the "vision" of stone countertop and tile backsplash, sink and faucet, refrigerator, mosaic effects, etc., etc....wish me strength to carry it to completion (to think that's just the kitchen not to mention the holiday season...now why did I pick this time of year to start my projects?...well, my life is just beginning, right?!). I have a tendency to get overwhelmed... thank God for the discipline of solitude and silence when I can refocus and be reminded not to lose my balance, my joy along the way...as my new life begins...at 40!

No comments: