Library: A blessing from the trying economic times

Tuesday is becoming library day for us. Another positive outcome of the trying economic times. Bye-bye bookstore, hello library! Isabella was so excited when I picked her up from school today. She placed some books on hold last week and can't wait to get them. As soon as we got to the library we headed right away to the "hold" section. I quickly searched the held books under the letter "P". It wasn't hard to find hers. Her name dominated the section. I thought she held a book or two but there were 6 books waiting for her. She couldn't contain her excitement and couldn't decide which one to read first. Her excitement rubbed off on me and I started to find some books for myself. She found one for me and recommended I read it when she is not around to calm me down in times of stress. It's a book on stress management. You see, Isabella is my personal stress manager...the one who reminds me I'm "too blessed to be stressed" and the one who helps me "breathe" during my trying moments. Well, in moments such as this, I do need to take a deep breath...not for stress management but to savour God's goodness for the daily reminder that we are all "too blessed to be stressed" if we choose to be...despite, or in this case, especially during the trying economic times. I am simply grateful.

No comments: