The Village of Arroyo Grande

Isabella's Field Trip
to the Historic Village of Arroyo Grande
preserved by the South County Historical Society

The Village of Arroyo Grande is not far from our house and very close to Ian's school.
I decided to drive there (after my volunteer work at Isabella's class).

I walked the the swinging bridge
and met up with the class at the first stop: The Heritage House Museum


Then we walked up the hill to Paulding History House

And back down the hill to The Santa Manuela Schoolhouse, built in 1901, where Isabella got the chance to sit in the front row of the last remaining one room school in the county.

last, but not least, they got the chance to be "horses" and passengers to this antique reproduction carriage.


It may have been a tiring field trip due to the amount of walking involved, but was certainly fun and very informational.

Then it was time to pick up Ian, but not after a little bit of village shopping.

It was truly a very busy day. After picking up Isabella from school, we were off to her dance dress rehearsal (for the Avila Beach show).

I met Elba (the escrow officer handling my closing papers for my refi.) at the studio for signing. Thanks to Elba who drove from Union City to accommodate my rate lock-in expiration. And thank you ate Janette for all the hard work to get me the best possible rate (not to mention the very uplifting conversations).

No comments: