Right on the money

It feels like I haven’t blogged in ages. Besides the normal hectic life of a full time mommy and part time student, I have been so busy preparing our rental property for sale. It’s finally ready and officially in the market as of April 19. I feel sad because it’s our first house and we have a lot of memories in it. After a long decision making process, weighing the pros and cons, I came to the realization that the memories will be with us whether or not we sell. Besides the wonderful memories, I guess the other big "con" of selling that made it a hard decision to sell is hanging on to a property that has the prospect of increasing in equity. In search for "insight", I came across this book by Suze Orman, The Laws of Money, The Lessons of Life. The 3rd law said: Do what is right for you before you do what is right for your money. It talked about how our money must create peace of mind for us, not extra anxiety. It may be right for our money to keep the property but I know it will not create peace of mind for us.

No comments: